Areas of Practice
corporate and business transactions
Dedicated to getting the deal done.
- Formation and Organizational Structuring
- Emerging Growth and Venture Capital
- Debt and Equity Financing
- Commercial Transactions, including Licensing Agreements, Import and Distribution Agreements, Strategic Partnerships
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
We help protect what could be your most valuable asset.
- IP Counseling and Portfolio Management
- Trademark Applications
- IP Protection and Litigation
- Opposition and Enforcement Proceedings
Empowering nonprofits to achieve collective impact.
- Federal and State Tax Exempt Status Applications
- Nonprofit Compliance and Management
- Fiscal Sponsorships
FASHION, APPAREL & TEXTILE LAW
Fashion law is a little bit like the Wild West. There’s a lot of potential, but the rules can be convoluted and vague at best. Protecting a brand or even a single design involves intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, and patents. A successful case requires creativity and flexibility. Harris Ingram represents boutique design houses like Marta and Thorne, individual designers like Mara Bond, and illustrators and graphic designers. We protect their products against copycats large and small, and guide them through manufacturing ethics and labeling laws.
technology and life sciences
We’ve helped engineers, inventors, gaming startups, and entrepreneurs develop, license, sell, and maintain ownership over their creations. We’ve also negotiated purchasing and partnership agreements for larger investment companies looking for their unicorn.
- University and Institutional Licenses
- Development and Licensing Agreements
- Software/Saas Agreements
The startup and small business marketplace is still a new and fierce frontier that requires legal advice from attorneys who are deeply entrenched in the particulars of venture financing. We offer a competitive advantage that can help you save money and make more of it in the long run. We’ve steered corporations like Tap Unlimited and Hydrocycle with a balance of legal, business, operational, and financial strategies that had clear execution and built-in problem-solving contingencies. Our holistic approach is essential to any company looking to grow.